View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 08:45 PM

Ok, so I have to share this.

Dr. Guyer has put me on Hydrocodine for pain since I got out of the hospital last Thursday. I didn't realize just how much pain I have been masking until this morning when I woke up. I have been taking it around the clock every 4 hours. So, I have been setting my alarm at night to wake up when I need to. I took pain killers at 8 PM last night, 12 AM, and was suppose to take them at 4 AM. I must have slept through the alarm at 4 because I woke up at 7:55 am this morning in tears not being able to move at all because of the pain that was radiating from hip to hip and and stomach and back area. LOTS of pain.

Last night, I was also experiencing some twitching from waist down. It just feels like jolts or short bursts of spasms. Yesterday is the first day I actually noticied it. I think I was scaring my wife a little bit as well.

I have actually been very good since I have been out of the hospital. I have only been getting out of bed to use the restroom and take a shower. I don't think I am over doing it at all. Just a little worried about the spasms.

Has anyone else experienced spasms before after ADR surgery?
May 2008 - L5/S1 crumbling disk
Jul. 2008 - L5 - S1 PAINFUL Discogram VAS 10/10
Jan. 2009 - Texas Back Institute - Axiomed Clinical Trial Enrollment
Feb. 2009 - Clinical Trial Surgery - Freedom Lumbar Disc inserted - L5-S1