View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 AM

Thank you all for your responses. Unfortunately this is typical for the type of treatment we've both experienced in Georgia. He's an associate professor at E**** Medical College. I guess as patients we have to fit into their level of experience and skills. Since this would have been the third Discover disc of the trial, I'm not sure what basis of experience he's drawing from.

Oh well. We all run into people like this from time to time.

In the meantime, we're going forward with plans to go to Stenum. My Employee Services group told me today that absolutely no overseas medical expenses would be covered unless I was overseas for employment or had an accident or illness while vacationing there.

So I'm going to refinance the house (if there is any equity these days), cash out the 401K (again, if there is any value left these days) and borrow the balance from relatives. Whatever it takes, we're going to get healthy again.

Also this week, my supervisor told me he was going to hold me to quota this year, raised it by 25%, smiled and told me he was tired of me taking so much time off of work. He wants me to investigate disability. I feel so sorry for him with all the trouble I've put him through.

And finally, as soon as I stepped in the door tonight, my 2 year old son met me at the door to give me a big hug. Life is great!

Thanks again for letting me vent,

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.