View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 02:50 AM

I agree with what everyone is saying, get more opinions. I was referred out of my previous dr's office and told that there was 'nothing else they could do for me'. So, there I was at 28 and told that I would live in pain for the rest of my life... talk about wanting to die. I then found my new dr. who informed me that I looked to be a great canidate for ADR (which I had never even heard of). I saw the first surgeon, who I had never heard of; but was referred to by the other dr. He preceded to tell me to get a fusion, implied that I was crazy and had me in tears by the end of the visit; he was an arrogant a-hole. I then go see the second surgeon, who is highly acclaimed and arguably one of the best in the US... he is great. He listened to me, explained things, spent plenty of time with me and even interacted with my kid. Second surgeon says ADR is best, insurance won't pay, so I see a third surgeon and get into a clinical trial. I am now headed to Miami in 2 weeks for ADR surgery! It has taken me over 3 years of treatment to get to this point. I have learned a lot of what to do and more importantly, what not to do. I have let dr's do procedures on me, that I didn't research; things that made me worse. Lots of wasted time and money. I wish you the best, Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!