View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 AM

I wish I could ski, I didn't even master the bunny hill. First time up the bunny hill lift, I did something wrong, fell on my a**; but not before hitting my head on the lift. Gave up on skiing after 2 hours. 2 hours later decide to 'get back on the horse and ride again'. Do the bunny hill successfully, get brave and go up the real lift. Proceed to do the green, after much more busting of my rear, 45 minutes and very little area covered... I crawl (not walk; but crawl) to the side of the mountain and cry (yes big person crying on side of mountain as little children fly by me). I beg my family to get me a ride on a snow mobile down, loving family declines. I then slowly manuever myself down the steeper part of the incline. Get up and began going extremely fast, at this point I know I am about to die. I see lots of trees coming fastly, can't stop, not sure how to turn, can't fall down because I'm sure something will break; so I know I'm gonna hit a tree like Sunny did and be dead. Somehow, not by my own skiing ability, I get to the bottom. It is one of the happiest moments of my life, I am alive. I remove ski gear and decide making snow angels is good enough for me!
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!