View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 04:58 PM

All great ideas and necessities Cindylou.

Kathy, What you're feeling is what most of us felt. Yes, you're tired of being in pain and you have hope on the horizon. This is better than Disneyland. It's a chance at getting your life back and two weeks seems like a long time to wait. Yesterday would have been better.

Do you know if you're going to be wearing a brace? If so, I wore it under my clothes and wore a man's sleeveless undershirt, 100% cotton, which made the brace more comfortable. Get it snug so it doesn't wrinkle under the brace.

Also, my butt hurt for weeks after my surgery. I found sleeping on a tennis ball a great solution. I also like a tush-cush which makes sitting more comfortable. These are cushions with the tail bone section removed. Cheap one aren't worth the price but you can get them at the Relax the Back store, under $50 (I think) I still use them today, in my office and in the car.

Bob, why shouldn't you make your doctor laugh? Just think of your prostate exam wearing undies with a pink HO HO HO! Or perhaps we just shouldn't go there.

Good luck Kathy and I hope the rest of your life is wonderfully hectic,
Dale