View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 AM

Default Thanks & did pre-op today

Wow! I am now overwhelmed at how much I have to do! Tons of great information, raised seats, butt pad (think a boppy would work?), silk pj's, multiple grabbers (not just for grabbing; but possibly a future spiney grabber war in the future? as JohnB has so kindly shared) and so much more. The medical supply store will be happy to see me coming. I am already ike a kid in the candy store with all the neat gadgets they have (I know, horribly boring and sad).
Eastex- My allergies have been kicking my a** for over a month now. I initially thought I had the flu, because both of my kids had it (even though we all had flu shots; same thing happened last year). I hate Texas allergies, I take Zyrtec and Benadryll daily, as well as the Nasonex nose spray; all to no avail. So, I probably will have to get some good stuff from the my family dr. before surgery.

I had my pre-op bloodwork, EKG and chest x-ray today. My last hurdle to jump before I am cleared for takeoff! I am terrified that my bloodwork will have something not good in it. Hopefully, it will be fine and if not, maybe I can have a 'do over'. I know the other two were fine, no issues there. Although, I got more action during the EKG from the man giving it than I have had in awhile! I am not even sure why the heck they even gave me one of those nice little gowns to cover up, when they were just going to take it off (oh yeah, I got the guy in training, lots of fondling- I mean, searching for the right spots )

Thank you all for the great ideas, most of it was stuff I hadn't even considered. I'd be a train wreck without all of you! Thank you so much, Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!