View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:56 PM

Mark,

Just so you know, I wasn't posting my opinion in regard to Airborne based off of your post (I wasn't trying to be on a high horse ). We see a lot of people using it when they come in for appointments, and it's been our habit to make them aware of the high vitamin A levels contained in the supplement.

If someone feels it "works" for them, I won't question their usage...just remember not to exceed the recommended dose.

Until there is substantial evidence-based medicine that Airborne in fact "works," I'm going to save the little money I do have. I guess I can add it to my 2 cents above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
Intellectually, I believe what Dr. J says. I'm very skeptical, but...

I had a funny thing happen in one of my early trips with a client to a world-leading surgeon. The client was extolling the virtues of eccinacia in avoiding colds or reducing symptoms. I told him that I thought it was placebo effect and I didn't believe much in it. A few minutes later, the doctor came in and the patient asked him about eccinacia. Yeah, he uses it and he uses airborne too.

It took me another couple of years to come of my skeptical high horse and I was getting sick upon returning exhausted from Germany several times/year. I started using Airborne and while believe what Justin says,,, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. I don't care why it works or if I'm a nut job... I just think it helps me reduce / avoid colds.

'scuse me, I have to go change the razor blades under the pyramid.

Mark
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.