View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
not widespread "genetic DDD."

$26k is a lot for a poor, extremely in debt student.
Sounds like good and bad news. The good obviously being that you are 'fixable' and the bad being the cost! I have no idea how anyone affords to pay out of pocket. I would have, it there was anyway I could have done it. We already have a 2nd mortgage, so that wasn't an option. And we are just paying off my husband's college loans (he's 37, so that took some time). And we don't have any retirement, because we decided to get out of debt and then save like crazy (which with the stock market the way it is, I'm glad we didn't have crap to lose). The good news is, we are almost debt free! Although, I did have to put our trip to Miami on a credit card; but I'm not going to miss the opportunity for surgery, and a trip is a small cost for ADR.
Anyhow, enough of my money issues, or lack of I hope you can find a way to get this surgery. I pray that Obama can make stuff happen with our healthcare system and get where we can get affordable, quality, timely healthcare.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!

Last edited by Kathy; 05-04-2009 at 03:11 PM.