Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorepain View Post
I think this is important to those awaiting ADR surgery
as it makes those of you aware that the surgery results
sometimes are not so favorable, and with any surgery
there is always risks, expected and unexpected. Same
reason we are all on here, we are all seeking the truth
and nothing but the truth- it's the american way
(i think that came from an old superman episode)
now i am dating myself
I agree. I am going into ADR praying, hoping and being 'positive' that I will have a great outcome. At the same time, I know that it doesn't always work out that way. Some people can be the "perfect" canidate for ADR, have the best surgeon in the world, get the perfect disc, it be perfectly implanted and it not work. I know in the back of my head, that it may not work; but I am doing what I think is the best thing I can, to get better and will know, either outcome, that I did the best I could with the knowledge I had. When I started researching ADR and finding the bad outcomes, it was scary. But, instead of quitting looking into it, I dug deeper to find out more. I wanted to know the great, good, bad and ugly outcomes; so I could weigh the risks and make and educated decision. That's all any of us can do, is make the best decision we can with the knowledge we have. Getting off the soapbox now.....
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!