View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 03:05 AM

Marion,

Another UK spiney was also told her pain was the source of her pain, chronic pain syndrome. Glad to say she is almost pain free 3 yrs post op.

Tramodol did not work for me and perhaps it doesn't for you either. It's one of those drugs that either do or don't. I'm not familiar with Pregablin? You might want to try Neurontin or Lyrica for your nerve pain. Makes you feel stupid but functional. Also, there are some pretty effective drugs available for your pain. Have your tried contacting a pain managment doctor? That's where I would go next.

I do hope your cyst surgery is successful and at least you get some relief. And don't be too discouraged about being in so much pain post op. I've seen turn arounds at both 1&2 years. For me, my recovery took 2 years. However, don't let this stop you from investigating the source of your pain.

I'm also very sorry you recently lost your brother. I understand your devastation, especially because he was so young. The grief you feel when losing someone close is difficult to deal with, especially when you're especially when dealing with your level of pain.

You are in my thoughts, Dale