View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

Sweety is doing better than me. I'm still spending alot of time in bed. I do walk around the house alot though. My PT is only 5 minutes away but I'm not making any progress there. The only time I feel good is when they pull on my legs to decompress me. That and the heat/stim feel good. The eliptical machine makes me feel alot of leg pain and I havent been able to do full rotations on the legs. I still rock back & forth but it's still a good stretch. I am still waiting for approval for the Johns Hopkins Pain Clinic. It seems the insurance co. is not so eager to keep sending me to treatments but anything is probably cheaper than filling me with hundreds of Oxys every month. There must be a better way. I am ALWAYS so dehydrated. I throw off so much heat that my cats fight with each other trying to get closest to me. It affects my skin and especially the feet which are totally cracked now. I drink alot of water.
I found out that the growth hormone (Norditropin) can cause carpal tunnel and foot problems too. I have taken myself off the Norditropin and try to watch how I walk with my canes now. My hands feel slightly better but I still feel swelling in my fingers.
I have to get used to life as a retiree. Im lucky enough to have worked for 21 years so I get my full social security disability payment. I am worried about benefits but for now I have them. In 6 months I can go under my wifes plan. In 2 years I go on Medicare. I just hope I get approved soon because I dont need any more stress.

I hope everyone else is doing better. Im going to try to catch up with everyone.

Toodle loo
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC