View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 PM

Kathy,
I agree with Dale on the IV. I am not a fan of that or blood being taken. When I had my epidural for nerve pain after surgery, they gave me an IV. I never had one for my epidurals before surgery. Every Hospital is different. I was asking the nurse what the hell she was doing because I was just getting a simple injection. Well, she won and I had to have one. You will be fine and all the pain is about to leave you. You got to admit that it will be so worth it. After they gave me my cocktail, I didn't remember crap. They do this everyday and if they give you a little too much, you will just sleep a little longer. The only painful experience that I had was when I took my first shower at the hospital and I realized that I was the only naked one in there out of me and my wife. Just like home! All kidding beside, my nerves were still sensitive and the water made me hurt. But, it didn't last long and I only felt it that one time. Here's a big Texas hug and I will pray for you. Everything will be OK.