View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 09:27 PM

Default Reply

Yes, The best tool is using pubmed. The people at spine journal said the pubmed website pulls of all their studies as well as others, and its free. It just pulls of a basic overview with the conclusion of the stufy. Heck, thats perfect for me as I will highlite the conclusions to prove my points.

Havent been able to find any articles comparing the costs but am having my Dr ziglar folks work up a estimate with codes for what a 3 level fusion would have cost (incl hospital bill estimate).

The insurance warriror talks about pulling up 100 peer reviewed studies but there just arent that many out there so Ill end up submitting around 25 to 30 I think. Sure wish I had more Aetna approval letters as this is the biggest weapon at getting approvals.

I plan to take them to court if necessary as long as the atty is willing to take me on with a $$ cap. I can maybe pay $2-$3K fee and also be willing to fork over a portion of the reimbursement or something to get a attorney to help me. One way or another, Ill fight like hell to the bitter end and be a thorn in their side just for the sake of PRINCIPAL. Ive paid my insurance dues and I deserve to be reimbursed for a service Ive paid for all these years.

Im following Laurie Todd's advice to a tee and Ill call her or email her if if necessary to get the Aetna insider ph and fax# if necessary. Im a bulldog when it comes to matters of injustice. Ive fullfilled my end of the contract/obligation by paying their dues all these years and now I expect them to fulfill theirs.

Last edited by steve55; 03-19-2009 at 09:32 PM.