View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:27 AM

Hey Everyone, I am feeling sooo much better today. Each day is 10x better than the last. After surgery on Tuesday, I wanted to die my pain was so out of control (my body processes pain medication quickly and even high doses of drugs only take the edge off). Wednesday was very rough too, spent most of the day crying from the pain. Thursday was my turn around day. I started getting more mobile and feeling a bit better. My pain is now under control, although it feels like my guts are going to fall out when I stand up! The incision looks really good, they stitched it from the inside and glued it shut, so I can shower without covering it and I need no bandages. I look like a pregnant lady with all of the swelling in my stomach from surgery and lack of the dreaded first poop! Oh, my feet are swollen too; anyone else have that issue? I will try and post a picture on here.
PS. I will post a post surgery thread later today, I need to read the rules and format for posting one.

Here is a pre-op, normal me picture, on a cruise with my hubby a few months ago.

Here is a 3 day post-op picture.
Yes, I am using a back brace to cover my skivies! I can't believe how large my stomach is in these; I'm definitely not usually a 6 pack; but pretty flat stomach. Please look past my ugly stretch marks (I did get 2 pretty babies out of the deal) but they jacked up my stomach. I made my husband promise me that he would pay for me some plastic surgery in a few years, after one more baby, to get rid of all the damage they did to my body. My some triple F knockers (he he, just kidding, don't want any more back problems).

Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!

Last edited by Kathy; 03-21-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: add photo