View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:13 PM

Smile Saw the dr today & found out what disc I have!

Hey everyone,
I saw the surgeon today, everything is great! He did x-rays and the placement of perfect. He was very proud of his work, he said that he has bragging rights now with my surgeons in Dallas. He even turned the lights out and took a picture of the x-ray with his phone. He said I was doing great and that he expected me to heal great, be pain free and to never need anymore back interventions. I pray he is right! Anyway, I was very excited to see how great it was done. I found out that I have the Active-L, except it is not the big keel in the middle one, it is the one wih a lot of smaller keels (I thought it was the Charite; but it just looks different than what I have seen). I am glad I got the Active-L, I would have been happy with the Charite; but was a little scared of getting it because of all the bad press (which I know is probably over-exemplified). It is a great design and my surgeon was the co-designer of it, so that is really cool. Well, that's it for now, I think I will take a nap now. Maybe later I will have the energy to start a post-surgery thread.... we'll see.
Thanks for all the support,
Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!