View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:45 AM

Default New to forum- MRI Questions

Hello,

I am new to this Forum, I just had an MRI done and have the results, I am not familiar with ANY of this stuff, medical lingo etc...

If there is anyone who might be able to help me out with it I would be extremely THANKFUL!!

Findings: There is a transitional vertebra at the lumbosacral junction. The numbering system used on today's study should be confirmed prior to intervention. The convention utilized on today's study is that L1 is at the level of the conus and there is a lumbarized S1 segment.

T11-12: There is a minor central disc bulge. There is minimal effacement of the subarachnoid fluid space.

L3-4: The spinal canal does have a congenitally narrow Ap diameter. Hypertrophic facet arthritis of moderate to severe severity is present and there is hypertrophy of the ligamentum flavum with resultant central spinal stenosis of mild severity. Ther neural foramina are patent.

L4-5: Central spinal stenosis of moderate to severe severity is present due to diffuse bulging of the disc as well as hypertrophic facet arthritis. Disc does bulge into the inferior aspects of both neural foramina. Facet arthritis of moderate to severe severity is present bilaterally.

L5-S1: A large central disc extrusion is present with associated annular tear. There is marked deformity of the anterior aspect of the thecal sac. In addition, there is diffuse bulging of the disc, as well as hypertrophy of the ligamentum flavum with resultant central spinal stenosis of moderate to severe severity. the neural foramina are patent.

Impression: MULTILEVEL SPONDYLOSIS WITH L5-S1 BEING THE MOST SEVERLY AFFECTED.

I am a 24 yr old mother of 1(13 month old girl) who had a skiing accident in November, I have EXTREME pain (shooting sharp pain)down my left leg with numbness and tingling. It sometimes affects my right leg to my calf. I have INTENSE pressure in my low back. I have been in physio since December with no help.

Hoping I might be able to get some help and advice.

Thanks!!
Mary