View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 07:13 PM

Mary,
Welcome and so sorry you have to be here. It is so scary to get thrown into this spine world, knowing nothing and feeling so overwhelmed (a good cry every now and then helps me... sometimes more now than then) I was 25 years old with a 2 and 1/2 year old and a 2 week old baby when we were hit by an 18 wheeler. I did all the usual therapy, shots, etc. It took me 3 years to finally find out what was wrong with me, so you are way ahead of the game since you already know what is wrong. Don't let a dr. push you around, I did and wasted time, money and in one case, made my situation worse. Ask questions, ask us, ask the surgeon, just ask and keep asking until you get it. We have all been there and are more than happy to help you out, just ask us. I am by no means an expert on MRI findings (I don't even understand all of mine); but it does sound like your problem is one that will not get better on it's own or with conservative treatment; which means you need surgery. Don't let that scare you, you will get through this. Where do you live? You need to first go meet with at least 3 different surgeons, different dr's and get lots of different opinions (which can make it more confusing; but you need to be educated going into this). Unfortunately, the dr's may seem all caring and all knowing; but they don't live with your pain and ultimately don't have to live with a bad outcome, so don't be overly trusting (I learned this the hard way). You are the only one looking at for you and you are your best advocate. You are probably freaking out right now; but you can do this, you are a mom, which means you have survived way worse than this (childbirth anyone?) Feel free to ask me any questions or to send me a private message and maybe we can chat by phone. Hang in there and be glad you found us, it's a great resource.
Best Wishes,
Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!