View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 10:43 PM

Default I met the true Bionic Man....

So what's the chances of this happening..... I am being wheeled through the airport on my way home from Florida and run in to a fellow spiney. He gets in the elevator, obivously in pain, and tells us that he just had disc replacement. I asked him where and what part of his spine. He had it done in Nevada and it was in his lumbar. For the amazing part, he had 4 levels done and both hips replaced! He said it was 17 hours of reconstructive surgery! He had a tumor that had to be removed, destroying his hips and lower 4 discs. He was actually walking using a cane! I was in total awe, years ago, this poor man may never have walked again. He was doing really good for being only 3 months out, which amazed me. I have no idea how he got 4 levels in the US; but I am guessing under a compassionate use? I was able to talk to him for a little bit, the nice man pushing my chair slowed down so he and I could chat I wish I could have talked for longer with him and found out what discs he had and all my other 20+ questions. Anyway, I told him about this site and really hopes he comes and shares his incredible story with us.
Don't you just love a happy ending?
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!