View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 07:22 PM

Default Incision healing?

I have yet another incision healing question.... Where my incision is, it feels raised and padded like. That isn't a great explanation; but when I touch it, from center to about 1/2" on each side of it, it feels more raised, like something is under it. Is this normal? I am guessing it is from the stitching underneath and the skin/muscles being pulled together.
Other than that, it seems to be healing nicely. It is a very thin line and the glue is still on for the most part, it's starting to peel in places; but still on most of it.

My swelling has went down alot, my feet are almost back to normal.... yeah! At one point they were so swollen that my skin hurt from being stretched. My muscles are still really stiff; but better than before. It is not hurting as bad to reposition myself in a chair. I am also sleeping, really good for the most part. I have found a way to get on my side to sleep, which is weird because I am usually a back sleeper. I even swept the floor today (made my daughter hold the dust pan of course). I have got it down with my grabbers where I can pick up the kids toys, trash (for some reason my kids have NO IDEA what a trash can is for, even though I have told them until I was blue in the face) and really don't need the cane or walker anymore (I do take the cane out with me, just in case. I am really clumsy and uncordinated, so I don't want to chance a fall). I went to the movies yesterday with my kids and watched Monsters vs. Aliens. Kids loved it, they did pretty good, aside from the mid-movie fight over who would hold the Sour Skittles (important stuff there). My husband dropped us off, I had one of the employees carry all of the snacks and booster seats to the theatre for us. I only had to go up and down the stairs 10 times (have a 3 year old who I had to take potty, I kid you not, 4 times BEFORE the movie ever started!) Luckily, the really nice mommy next to me was willing to watch my 5 year old everytime I left, so I just had to take the little one. I wasn't in any extra pain after the movie, just the usual. I am going to try and get into my pm dr this week and get a refill on medication. The surgeon 1/2 the stregnth from 10 to 5 mg 1-2 every 4 hours to 1-2 every 6 hours. I am taking it every 4 hours, because I just can't handle going every 6 hours. I don't take them at night, so it equals out. The surgeon acted like when this second rx was out that I should be just fine (think he is a litttle to eager, I understand; but I gotta survive too). I think his fear is that I would never get off the meds and be considered a failure, which I am not concerned about; I know I will not take anything when I don't have pain. When I tried to stick to the every 6 hours and only took 1, instead of 2, I was just laying and suffering. In order for me to be able to walk and move around, I need to have a manageable level of pain, otherwise, I won't, I'll just lay and suffer. Not to mention, having 2 kids in the house is loud and there is no rest for the weary with them around! (doesn't make for a nice mommy)
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!