View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:49 AM

Default 1-7-2009

Almost at 10 month mark...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am just shy of my 10-month post-op mark and posting about what is happening.

Went to spine doc/surgeon on Monday and now we are going to see if the facet joints are giving me pain. I have been having sciatica problems and increased numbness since Sept and now am going to have another round of a doc poking needles into my backside.

I have gotten facet joint injections before so I know the drill. Last time, before surgery, the facet joint injections did not improve anything. Hoping this time that they work.

My back must be getting ready because today I have had increased back pain, which has left me mainly regulated to the couch. I wish the NFL playoffs were on. I really felt good when the San Diego Chargers defeated the Indianapolis Colts (my apologies to people on here that are Colts fans).

So that's it. I go back to the surgeon in three months for the 13-month (3,000 mile) check up and get to meet a new pain doc. This one is an anesthesiologist and my last one was a regular pain doc. The problem was that the regular doc has not done injections on ADR patients and this doc has. No brainer there.

I am disappointed things aren't going better at the moment but hey I remember how they were pre-op and there is no comparison. This life is better.
Also I am still reminded by several people that I am still "early days". Remember that, you guys out there that have even newer ADRs.

My doc did not offer much of an explanation for my situation except that I was just healing slower than expected.
Oh, well. The job searching and interviewing and such will have to wait. And it's not like I have nothing to do as I have to prepare for my next medical exam in one month. And I have the children and my husband to take care of.

Happy New Year, everyone. May this year be a good year for us.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 08:35 PM.