View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 AM

Default 2-24-2009

Update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESI update:

Had another one on Friday (2-20). This time hit the Right Sacrolliac Joint, and then the cath-directed Bilateral Epidural at L5 and S1. What a mouthful to say.

I am becoming a regular pin cusion. Today, Tuesday, 2-24, was ok, getting back to normal. The cortisone injection really does a number on my sleep cycles. I was just revved up all weekend, kind of like I was taking trips to Starbucks every hour. I think Monday was the best day, symptoms are trying to sneak back today and late yesterday. I went for a walk this morning and just had numbness in my left foot--so not too bad.

Overall, seems to be better regarding the numbness, tingling and pins and needles, but still have back pain. I really took it kind of easy today. Got caught up on the posts and such. Still have sciatica--it just doesn't seem to want to go away.

Otherwise, we are booking, getting little things done each day and trying not to be impatient. Of all the information i have read about ESIs, there is really no concensus about how it works and why and for how long. Go back to pain doc next Friday and see what is next. Otherwise, I am not in a whole lot of pain, or maybe I am kidding myself. Sometimes it is at a higher level, and others, not.

Time for a nap, before the President's speech on health care. Those money-grubbing insurance companies need to be taken down a notch, you know? Our health care system is so seriously broken.

I am getting evidence of benefits stuff from B that says my pain doctor is out of network and I owe $2,300 for each ESI (and they paid less than a $1,000). No way they are going to get away with that. If they had approved my surgery when it needed to be approved, I think there is a good chance I wouldn't need ESIs now.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 09:50 PM.