View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:15 AM

Default 3-2-2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Runner,
Just wanted to check in with you and your recovery. we are coming up on a year and I'm not where I expected to be. My docs not willing to go down the ESI route, I asked my surgeon and PCP. both said no but did agree to rx relafan which is helping with the vicodin during days. Still taking gabapentin, muscle relaxer and sleeping pills to deal. Want to be off this stuff and work FT like normal. Instead I'm barely working Part time at expense of more aerobic exercise. Mostly still stretching and working on buidling core strength, obliques are the the weakest right now.

Anyway, just wanted to see a comparison with you. ARe you trying to work yet? How is it feeling.

I'm not using a grabber so much anymore, but mostly because of the hard core PT and individual pilates work. One of my rolfing sessions offered a decent breakthrough in my range of back movement but still no miracle to get back to normal.

LBP

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 09:55 PM.