View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:17 AM

Default 3-2-2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Runner,
I just wondered if you should be doing PT with all of your pain? I know that when I stopped for awhile some of the pain got better. Walking is good but sometimes you get pushed a little too far by the PT therapists and I found the pilates really irritated the sciatica. You probably feel it would be a step backwards but you might try backing off on the exercise and give the nerves a chance to rest. Once they are irritated it takes quite a while for them to settle back down. I hope that the next round of epidurals helps. What do you think they will try next? I am really hoping that you can get some relief and get back to feeling better. Once your nerve pain settles down you may be able to back off the nuerontin. I know that sluggish feeling you get once you are over 1200 mgm. I am on 600mgm every 6 hours and I am not sure when I will cut down but I would like to get back to a lower dosage also. Take care, I know this is discouraging for you. Sometimes the ADR is just the first step and the recovery can be just as long as a fusion even though we hope for a faster recovery. Let us know what is next.
Phylly

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 10:02 PM.