View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 AM

Default 3-7-2009

LBP

hi
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no clue why both the pain mgmt guy and my surgeon's colleague poo poo'd the ESI??? Luckily the Relafin does help as well as H wave in PT. I've been a lot better with segmental bridges since. I've had a long standing stiff area of lower back and it's finanally softening up a little. I also think rolfing helped. I just finished the 10 series. I have not been able to return to work FT, still not even close to that goal, and even working from home and occasionally the office more than 10-15 hours has really been difficult. I'm doing PT 3x per wk, with Pilates 1x per wk. PT was trying to add some more exercises that just killed me at night with pain, so we've stopped those. I wish I could afford to not work and then have private pilates 3x /wk with a commerical grade hwave machine for home, and just keep going to my rolfer and massage therapist...oh if $ wasn't an issue! It's been really hard to find a seriously quality PT this time around..way too much juggling multiple patients and not enough hands on work by the PT. It really irritates me because I know that the ins world is driving this crazy pt system of packing in as many people at once to make $, and skimping on the deep tissue work. I am convinced that my place strongly discourages use of ultrasound because it ties up one person per one patient for a whole 10 minutes. I get tired of demanding good healthcare treatment. Why is everything such a battle!

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.