View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 AM

Default 3-14-2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Phylly,

Hope your recovery is going smooth and you are feeling better each day.
I know how much surgery takes out of you and I am praying that you regain strength every day and this surgery was the answer for you.

The doc's PA just cannot relate to how I feel. I think some people just look at tests and don't see the whole picture. It is good to observe how PA's and nurse practioners handle patients as I am looking into that role for the future.

I do have less pain today (Saturday) but I am so tired. I have tried drinking a Starbucks frapocchino or whatever you call it to counteract the effects from the Gabapentin and the pain meds. It works a bit but I think today I just have to lie down and rest. It says on the paperwork from the surgicenter that you can resume regular activities the next day after an ESI but that is quite impossible for me. Today does seem like a better day so I guess we will see.
I just have trouble concentrating and I am sure the Gabapentin has some depressive-effects because it is tough to get going when you are on it. I seem so detached from everyday things. I just don't think about things that were important to me at one time. Well my bed is calling me. I just have to take a nap--I feel like the old people that need their nap in the middle of the day.

No offense to anyone.

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 10:14 PM.