View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:31 AM

Default 3-14-2009

Hi Runner,
I was thinking about you being pain free after this last injection! I hope it gives you relief. The reason that lamb chop looked so could was that the steroid makes you extra hungry for awhile. I could not stop eating when I had my injections along with the red face too. I really hated when I was given the SCS option. It so pissed me off because I am sure these Drs. also some financial gain from the company. Failed back syndrome =SCS. WAITING IS SO HARD TO DO! I cannot believe how long things can be dragged on. You almost want to have appointments made prior to you treatment so you can get o the next step.
Paul,
I am also sorry about your pain and hope that you are able to find out what is wrong.

As for me, I am being blessed right now with some very good days. My only concern is that I am still on quite a bit of meds and even though I am decreasing them, I still do not know what no meds feels like yet. I want to take things really slowly. I have been on meds for years and it may take me months to wean off. I really seem to need the nuerontin right now because when that wears off I still have some nerve pain just not nearly as bad as before and I also get sleepy. i never napped before but lately I have had an afternoon nap. It feels so good. I have taken some short drives, done a bit of shopping and am religious about my walking except for today. I will keep you posted. Hang in there.
Phylly
Prodisc ADR surgery L4-L5-S1 November 2007 Dr. Delamarter
Decompression surgery L4-S1 for left sided sciatica July 2008
Continued back pain, looking at possible fusion
Removal of Prodiscs and L4-S1 fusion February 2009

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 10:17 PM.