View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 AM

Default 3-20-2009

Hi Guys,

I had a "good" day today after having an awful day the day before. Go figure. Paul, interesting story.
Back when I had my discogram, I wasn't aware of everything that involved it. So don't beat yourself up for not having L5/S1 tested, although you should have. It wasn't your fault.
I am like you Paul, I want to get things going. I exercised today to see how my back and legs would react and they did ok. I think when I exercise, I get the euphoric feeling and it blocks out a lot of back pain but I still felt some pain but it wasn't that bad.
I will see how I feel tomorrow and when i go to physical therapy.

So you are already getting a discogram while I wait. No I am not jealous but I have had to go through four injections since January and I am feeling a little needle phobic. I will probably end up having a discogram again if these symptoms persist.

I don't have a doctor appointment until the end of the month and then my surgeon appt in early April so I have a break from being poked and proded.

Well, Paul can you live with the pain? That is not such an unusual question as I read that, he is asking if the pain is not so bad that you don't want to pursue different avenues like surgery and the pain is liveable. Meaning it is not intractable pain.

As for failed back syndrome, my understanding is that if another disc degenerates near the repaired level, that is called FBS..

Last edited by runner; 06-09-2009 at 10:29 PM.