View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Default 3-21-2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob and Phylly and Paul,

I don't know if the ESI didn't work because I have had two days of relatively low back pain. Sorry about my last post, I was falling asleep and not making sense and mis-spelling words galore. Later, I tried to go edit spelling but learned I have to edit within 60 minutes of a post.
Oh well.
I don't have a discogram scheduled but I am pretty sure I might go that route. Currently, I am enjoying not taking narcotics during the day and subsisting on tylenol and my gabapentin and flexeril. For two whole days!
This might last a week or less or more, who knows?
I am hoping that it lasts through my trip next week with my oldest daughter to go to the Supernatural convention. She got me turned on Supernatural (WB on Thursdays) when I was recovering from my surgery. Now, I am taking a trip with her for the three day convention. I almost like Supernatural as much as my beloved ER--which is ending this year.
I would like to get off of or decrease my gabapetin dose but I don't know the likelihood of that since I still have numbness in my legs and feet and sciatica. I might try reducing myself if I was adventurous but that would probably be foolish.

I am thinking of going to a movie today and sitting. Something I wouldn't have done 1-2 weeks ago.
My other daughter has begged me to take her to the movies. She can be tireless in any pursuit she undertakes.

Paul, you have to tell me the results of your discogram when you get it done. Your spine doc does not do them, does he? Do you have the radiculopathy and sciatica like I have?
Or just plain ole back pain?
Your doctor certainly is interesting. From my take, he seems like he does not deal with the "failures" as well as the "successes". I would be offended if a doctor asked me, "How much pain can I live with?" Come to think of it, I think one ortho surgeon did. I think he was trying to sway me away from fusion. I would come right back, explain my pain and ask him, if that was you, could you live with the pain? Doctors are interesting, I think I really admire some that I know and despise others. You have got to remember they are human and they do make mistakes. Some are arrogant and others can be quite humble.

I almost became one if not for my sub-par grades in my original stint at college. I was deadset on premed when i was a senior in high school. That was my dream, but alas it was not meant to be.
Paul, I would be really frustrated with him. At least, you got him to agree to a discogram. I don't know how you reacted to your last discogram but with me, the pain got worse after the discogram.

Last edited by runner; 06-10-2009 at 05:08 AM.