View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:51 AM

Default 3-25-2009

After a few good days and some moderate ones, I kind of crashed today and had a lot of back pain and sciatica tonight.
I just wish the insurance companies (the bad ones such as the Blues, and United) would start covering ADRs and listen to the results with patients. But I know they do not care for anything but their bottom line.
They sure do like covering fusions, but they are in the dark age when it comes to the newer spinal surgeries.

I am getting ready to go out of town--to the big city of Los Angeles, and am making the list in my head of what I need to be comfortable or relatively comfortable at the convention I am going to. My ice pad, my meds, my muscle stim unit, my Lidocaine pads, and the list continues.
I am hoping nothing gets significantly worse but I am realistic that things don't look particularly good. I just want to enjoy the weekend and went to the store and got my little supply of candy and was shocked how much the Sweet Factory raised its prices.
I felt like I was robbed as I didn't notice that they changed the way they priced their candy and we came up on the short side. So what was $18 for the whole family candy stash back in Dec., was twice as much now.

Then I see on TV that candy sales are up because of our economy.
I have to concentrate on other things so I don't go crazy with worries about my back. And I have been distracted plenty by car problems and money seemingly going out faster than it should.
I feel we are lucky because we have a house and can pay the mortgage, but like everyone we are one or two steps from disaster and especially since I am not working.

Thankfully, we have forums where we can bitch and moan or share great news and feel like we are not alone.
Well, that's it for now.
got to hit the hay,