View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:53 AM

Default 3-28-2009

a supernatural day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well guys I am at the convention.
Steel, I am in your neck of the woods (being Los Angeles).

The sitting has been tough although I got up and took breaks as much as possible. The sciatica continues to be a bear, just like if someone was knifing my glutes or hamstrings. Luckily, I can take pain meds as I don't need to drive anywhere for the next few days and I will probably have my daughter drive home.

My daughter is surprised on how obsessed some of the Supernatural fans are. But there are plenty of normal fans too. I am really enjoying listening to actors talk and being around a large amount of people. Being a former reporter, I just like hearing people's stories and just finding out tidbits about people.

I am not happy that I look so fat with this protruding stomach but I try not to think about it too much. Since I am busy with stuff since late afternoon, I am less concentrated on pain and my problems.
Might be actually enjoying myself--what a concept.

Listening to the planes take off and land at LAX. We are on the 15th floor of our hotel. Looking forward to drifting off to sleep as the biggie pain med (percocet) is taking effect. I tell you, I am getting more back pain but also the Gabapentin does not seem to be holding the sciatica in check.
At home, I was looking at my journal about back pain and realized my pain levels were higher than what the doctor noted at my discogram in 2007 prior to surgery. My L4/5 was 8-9 and my L5/S1 was 7-8. My old pain rehab doc had my lower disc at 5/10. It pays to write things down after appointments and treatments. And no, I wouldn't have gotten this incorrect because I was not put out for the test and nurses don't mess up pain levels.

The world is paved with "if onlys". Now, I guess that the next step will be to find out exactly what is wrong with the disc. Next week, at my appt, I hope my pain doc does not mention spinal stimmulator. I would like to throw the PA, who spoke to me about that at the last appt, under a bus.

Well, that's it for now. Lately, been having more difficulty concentrating and remembering things, especially since started back on percocets.

Tomorrow is another day.

Oh by the way, Oprah last week on her Dr. Oz episode, had Montel Williams on the show, speaking about Multiple Sclerosis and the pain he has with it. Sounded kind of familiar about how he has nerve pain and how it effects him. It is worth a listen (go to Oprah.com - Live Your Best Life - Oprah.com) as how he has dealt with it and how he tries not to let it get the better of him.

Last edited by runner; 06-10-2009 at 05:12 AM.