View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:56 AM

Default 4-3-2009

wasted day
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update of sorts:

I traveled up the road a bit to see my pain doctor in his other office (appt was changed) and I consider it a wasted trip.
It was on April fool's day, btw.
Anyway, turns out the doctor was not there again although I checked when I made the appt, apparently that is not always foolproof, and I ended up speaking to the P.A. again. Mostly, she told me that I should see what my neurosurgeon says. She gave me a new script for Percocet (refill) and wanted me to try Flector patches (antiinflammatory).
She told me I am at my max of ESIs. Not very informative here
So at the end of the appt, she informed me the Dr. was not in. Well, I kind of told her that I was upset at this happening again and that I wanted to see him, not her and "I did not trust her".
She replied that she was not in on Tuesday's at the office closer to me and that I should make my appts then.
She then said to see my surgeon and then see pain doc in one month.
I think she is not in touch with back pain (back pain patients) because why the heck would I want to wait one month? How stupid can you get? I am having a whole lot of pain, but why would I want to wait three weeks after I speak to my surgeon? Hey, i am not getting any better here.

I got an appt next week. I really want to talk to the pain doc before I see surgeon (next week also).
But what I really want to do is stop seeing docs and getting back to normal, but that does not seem to be happening.

I am at a conference to keep up my skills (thinking ability) and although I love this conference although I missed it last year because of my back, I am having a lot of trouble with the back pain.
So this conference is not the best thing for my back but kind of reinforces the idea that things are not right in that department.
I have had some extreme back pain after yesterday's session and that has increased my worries but I am trying to remain calm and not freak out. i need to have a clear head for the upcoming doc appts and do some more research so I am more informed and prepared.

Until next week...

On a side note, more protests against the insurance companies, who want to force us (Americans) to sign up for mandatory health insurance and tax our employee health benefits. Rally set on Monday, April 6th

Last edited by runner; 06-10-2009 at 05:14 AM.