View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
Katie,

I saw 4 different doctors concerning my ADRs and each wanted a discogram. It is a relevent diagnositc tool when done skillfully. It is less accurate when done under anesthesia but far less painful. My MRI showed 4 bad discs but the discogram showed L2/3 was not a pain generator. Perhaps with severe injury, and MRI is enough but iffy discs need additional verification.

For the most part, the intense pain is so short lived, about 1 second, that fearing it is a waste of time. By the time you react to the pain, it's over.

All the heavy hitters require this test. Your doctor is out of date. Tell him all the best ADR doctor in the world insist on it.

Good luck, Dale
From what I have read and heard, I agree with Dale.

Also, to second Maria, the CAT scan immediately after the discogram did get better images than my MRI and showed the severity of the tear in my disc.

I, personally, would not have ADR without doing a discogram. Just what I would do, as we are all different, others may not see it that way.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!