View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:38 PM

I haven't watched the video yet. I can't figure out how to turn the sound up on it and my kids are being too loud for me to hear.

I am fortunate enough to be able to afford self-employed coverage; but not all can. We pay, on average, $15,000 a year out of pocket for health insurance and out of pocket expenses. This is assuming that I am the only one requiring tons of care. The year I was in the wreck, we spent over $20,000; because my husband had back problems and my daughter had numerous ear infections requiring tubes. So, I definitely see why not everyone can afford care.

I do know that something needs to be done about healthcare in America. I am not sure what that something is, as I don't want a system like Canada's either. As we have seen and heard, from several of the Canadian posters on here, their system is partially broken too. Their system is goverment influenced and dr's work for the goverment, not the patient. I have also not heard of anyone having ADR in Canada. I have been told that people have been reimbursed for out of country surgery; but what about those people who don't have the money up front for surgery? Must they wait years to get approval? Months to see a dr? I write this about the Canadian system, not to bash their healthcare; but to point out that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. I have heard so many Americans say how we need a system like Canada's. Which sounds great, if you haven't heard the real stories of people fighting that system.

Our system is crazy broke too. Did you know, that in the state of Texas, there is no such thing as self-employed maternity coverage? I called every insurance company under the sun looking for a policy that would cover maternity, before I was pregnant and was told that there is not such a thing. The only way you can have private maternity coverage is through an employer (because the big insurers have to offer it, because the companies must offer it to their employees as to not discriminate). So, even though I had healthcare (that my husband and I privately paid for), it would not cover either of my pregnancies.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!