View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Default Went back to Pain Clinic...

Well,

After waking up this morning and still having the headache, I called the Pain Clinic and spoke with the nurse, who then spoke with the 'real' dr who told me to come right in and he was going to assess me.

I got there about 930am and I guess due to the fact that I looked so CRAPPY, he opted to give me a blood patch, I hope that is what it's called, .

WELL!! Let me tell you!!! That is DEFINATELY something I DO NOT want to experience again...

They laid me down on my side with my knees bent to my chest, had me all set up, it took 2 drs to do it, one was at my head with my arm, and the other was at my back with the epidural thingy...they took blood from my arm and injected it into my back, IT HURT LIKE H*#%!! I was then rolled back onto my back and coulld not leave until the headache had subsided to a level that I could tolerate.

I was finally sent home and told to rest, no heavy lifitin etc etc etc...I was also notified that I could still have a minor headache for a couple days afterwards and that I am to follow up with my family dr in 2 days...

I don't think I will be going for another ESI anytime SOON!!

Thanks for the support!!
Mary