View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 06:25 AM

Default I Met Dr. Bertagnoli Face2Face Today!!

What an opportunity Mark (mmglobal) opened up for me today. He left a message on my phone this morning saying that Dr. Bertagnoli could meet me at noon today at the Seattle Westin where NASS was being held. This was a complete surprise to me. He also got a hold of Doreen (queenofhearts) who is another Seattlite and one of Dr. B's former 2-level patients. It was the first time Mark, Doreen and I have all three been together since the 2004-Sept GPN Luncheon with Dr. Zeegers.

It was an honor and privilege to meet this doctor who I've heard so much about. He was extremely friendly and good natured. Dr. B showed me video of a Coflex surgery on his laptop while he explained what it was and how it worked. He felt it might have potential in my situation but stressed the importance of diagnostics to ascertain the pain source. He answered some questions and confirmed some thoughts I had about rhizotomies. If diagnostics gave all of the proper indications he said he would be able to help me. It felt so good to hear this. He wanted me to be advised by Mark to make sure I progress through the right diagnostic steps and suggested in general that he wants Mark to advise and in a manner of speaking filter patients for him. At this time I'm not planning on a surgical solution but it's very comforting to know that Dr. B is willing take my case if I choose that option.

Afterwards Mark gave me many insights specific to my situation on a whole range of topics. It was a day of hope and knowledge for me, a day I won't forget. Warm thanks to Mark for arranging this.

Jim

Last edited by Jim M2; 10-01-2006 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Added 'i forgots' and corrected date of luncheon