Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss I Met Dr. Bertagnoli Face2Face Today!! in the Main forums forums; What an opportunity Mark (mmglobal) opened up for me today. He left a message on my phone this morning saying ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 06:25 AM

Default I Met Dr. Bertagnoli Face2Face Today!!

What an opportunity Mark (mmglobal) opened up for me today. He left a message on my phone this morning saying that Dr. Bertagnoli could meet me at noon today at the Seattle Westin where NASS was being held. This was a complete surprise to me. He also got a hold of Doreen (queenofhearts) who is another Seattlite and one of Dr. B's former 2-level patients. It was the first time Mark, Doreen and I have all three been together since the 2004-Sept GPN Luncheon with Dr. Zeegers.

It was an honor and privilege to meet this doctor who I've heard so much about. He was extremely friendly and good natured. Dr. B showed me video of a Coflex surgery on his laptop while he explained what it was and how it worked. He felt it might have potential in my situation but stressed the importance of diagnostics to ascertain the pain source. He answered some questions and confirmed some thoughts I had about rhizotomies. If diagnostics gave all of the proper indications he said he would be able to help me. It felt so good to hear this. He wanted me to be advised by Mark to make sure I progress through the right diagnostic steps and suggested in general that he wants Mark to advise and in a manner of speaking filter patients for him. At this time I'm not planning on a surgical solution but it's very comforting to know that Dr. B is willing take my case if I choose that option.

Afterwards Mark gave me many insights specific to my situation on a whole range of topics. It was a day of hope and knowledge for me, a day I won't forget. Warm thanks to Mark for arranging this.

Jim

Last edited by Jim M2; 10-01-2006 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Added 'i forgots' and corrected date of luncheon
Old 10-01-2006, 12:25 PM

good deal jim
Dr. Bertagnoli is a great surgeon and best of all a really down to earth person. he preformed my surgery a few months back.
also my roomates. now my roomate was 26 yrs old at 6 weeks after a 2 level hes back to school and done pt and most of all hes painfree. dr b told to expect alot of distraction pain which saddly is here and has been a pain in the a!ss for weeks now.
but is beginning to lighten up yippee. i plan on a work return just under 12 weeks. and today is my last day of avinza {time released morphine}hopefull the withdrawn wont be so bad as my doctor had me reduced to 30mg for the last two weeks. well time will tell 60 to 30mg wasnt any fun. also i wouldnt think twice about dr b doing surgery on me again him and his staff are awesome..
best wishes
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 10-03-2006, 01:06 AM

Default Dr. B is terrific

I met him last year in NYC. He sure does inspire confidence!
Fortitudine
Old 10-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Jim, I uploaded some shots from my camera today...

here is Jim, Doreen (Queenofhearts) and the amazing Dr. B....
Old 10-23-2006, 03:08 AM

There's some happy campers! Dr. B is as friendly and nice to talk to, as he is brilliant. I certainly agree with everything chuck and fortitudine say about him.

Jim