View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 03:25 AM

CL- I had one level done, L4/5 Active L. I am going to be able to be followed at my original surgeons office (Texas Back Institute). They were also investigators in the Active L trial, so they are taking me as a transfer (sort of, since I was already a patient there). I wasn't able to have surgery there in the trial, as they had done the max number of surgeries allowed per location. I saw Dr. Zigler before surgery and will see Dr. Blumenthal for follow up.

I will have to try the melatonin for sleep. It couldn't hurt to try it and see if it helps. We are a week apart on recovery, so we are going through the same ups and downs of recovery. Yesterday was pretty rough for me. I think I was too sedentary and was extremely stiff. Today, I worked my rear off. My friend and I are having a garage sale next weekend. My neighborhood does a community one twice a year, so tons of people come out. Last year, her and I sold out in 4 hours, made lots of money. I was going to skip this year, since I knew I couldn't do what was needed to prepare for it. Well, she came over and cleaned my attic for me, helped me go through my kids clothes and is helping me mark all of the stuff. I have a ton of stuff to sell, as I am selling all of my baby stuff and stored clothes, that my girls outgrew but was holding onto in case I had another baby. It is unreal the sheer volume of clothes my children have. I could clothe a girl for years and she would never have to wear the same thing twice! I also have my stuff, furniture, and more. We have everything out of the closets, attic and everywhere else. Now, we have to price and mark it all, then arrange by size, then set up the sale. We are hoping that if we work tomorrow and Friday, we will have it all labeled and sorted. That will give us next week to go get tables and set them up in the garage and get the stuff on them (so we just have to pull them out on the day of the sale). She is doing all the lifting, bending and such. I still had to go through and decide what was getting kept and what was being sold.

How are you feeling?
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!