View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 06:30 PM

Default I miss my dog

Hey, nothing to do with backs here....
My dog, Jack, a white boxer, had surgery last week on Tuesday. He has these growths that appear on his skin, that are basically just like a zit. With Jack, however, they don't go away on there own . On him, they just get bigger and bigger, finally requiring surgery. He had one on his rear right leg removed last week. He had a 5 inch incision going down the top of his leg, with tons of staples in it. Poor dog had the cone on his head; but he got smart and was using the edge of it to 'scratch' the wound. I then removed the cone, made him lay on his bed in the living room (so I could watch him and keep him from licking himself like crazy) Well, we locked him in the shower, in the bathroom on Sunday when we were gone all day for Easter (for whatever reason, the smaller space keeps him from moving around and picking at his wound). We came home Sunday evening and he still had all his staples in; but his skin was soft and gooey (like a booger) and stretched. It looked like he had a flesh eating bacteria, being the doctor I am, I diagnosed him I don't think that is what she thinks it is; more like 'bad skin' or he infected it by licking it so much. We took him back to the vet on Monday, she cut all the 'dead' skin off and kept him there (so he could be watched better than we can). He went back into surgery on Wednesday to remove more dead skin and he had ripped some staples out (why am I paying her to watch him again?) She now has him in a small kennel, so he can't turn to reach and lick his wound. Yesterday, he had a good day and was doing good (altough he is probably killing her with the whining- he is spoiled and is more high maintenance than my kids at times )

Anyways, I miss having him here. I'm worried about him, I don't think it is life threatening; but never had to leave him at the vet this long either. I decided, dogs are like kids, if they didn't come as babies and puppies, no one would keep em' We watched Marley and Me last night, it so reminded me of Jack, drives you crazy (eats your steak if you turn your back on him and it for too long); but you love them anyway! Oh, I cried like a baby when the dog died (hope I didn't ruin that for anyone).
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!

Last edited by Kathy; 04-17-2009 at 06:38 PM.