Thread: DIAM vs ADR
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Good news is that my neurologist has agreed to sign my application for the out-of-country surgery for the Insurance. After quite a lecture about what happens when 'something goes terribly wrong and our local doctors have to clean up the mess...." He then offered to put in an 'urgent request' to the NS who I was supposed to see eight months ago........I politely declined, unless there is no way in h#&& that I can get to Dr. Bitan
Katie, I completely understand the lecture about the what could go wrong and we don't want to have to fix their mess stuff. I mean, in no industry do you want to have to go back and fix someone else's mess up. I think that there is the close mindedness toward the ADR surgery and they want you to stick with THEIR plan and do it their way. I get that too. But, when you know something is out there better, then you want to do that. I think you are making the best decision with the information you have. I'm sure my surgeon wasn't thrilled that I left the state and did the trial, as they were just ready to jump to fusion when insurance denied me. I knew that the best thing for me was ADR and I went with it. Trust your gut instinct and know you are in great hands! Let us know how it's coming along, Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!