View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 06:42 AM

Man oh man - tough question to respond to!!!

I can only compare to my own experiences and would have to say that I asked this question many of times prior to giving in to ADR surgery. Even when the pain was soooo bad and on maxed out on the strongest of medications - I would still ask this question.

I guess, what made me pull the trigger was that I was only existing in life. Could no longer think of a future. The "future" consisted of planning my day as far as timing medications and activity....Gee, if I go to the mall, where are the strategic locations I can sit and rest & etc. I RARELY went anywhere really - unless I absolutely, positively had to. The grocery store was even a challenge!

After not having a life for like 3 years and after exhausting all of the least invasive measures first to get better - I felt that I was finally at the end of my rope and made that decision.

Unfortunately, only you can make this decision as to how you rate your quality of life. There is no manual or anything in the medical books that I know of that can make that absolute decision for you.

What worked for me was knowing that I tried everything else first before such an invasive procedure. Also, researching everything you can on your spine condition so that you can make the best educated decision you can make. Last, but not least - I would recommend getting as many professional opinions as possible before making that decision.

Wishing you pain free days ahead.

Poncho