View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
Yes, I have written off my insurance company. I don't feel like trying to fight them, with a very low likelihood of success. I have BC/BS of NC.

I also have to have 2-levels done (L4/5 and L5/6), and just got my surgery date with Dr. Bertagnoli, for May 26. My boyfriend and I are taking out a loan, to pay for the surgery. I know in this economy, it isn't the best time to try and get a loan. But if there is any way possible for you to financially swing it, it sounds like you should try.

I know I haven't really been living life, only existing. The pain has made it impossible for me to do much, that isn't absolutely necessary.

I hope that you are able to find a way to have surgery, and get rid of the pain, so you can start living again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treefrog View Post
When you say that your husband knows of someone for whom BC/BS covered ADR surgery, was it cervical or lumbar? It seems to me that cervical surgeries are covered more easily than lumbar. What I mean is that insurance is unlikely to pay for multi-level lumbar ADR, let alone single level, but may be more inclined to cover multi-level cervical ADR. All in all though, it's very difficult to get them to pay for surgery done in the US, let alone pay for out of country surgery.

Hers was lumbar, at L5/S1. I am going to try to upload all of the pdf files that I sent that helped me successfully appeal an insurance denial for an ADR procedure. I supposed I should put it under the insurance section...perhaps someone can direct me, since I'm new at this?