Thread: Well.........
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 AM

Unhappy Another update.......

OK!!

Well, I can't believe the pain I have been having in my low back, it takes my breath away. It feels like contraction type pain, it comes then goes then comes then goes, IT IS CRAZY!! I seriously have to stop everything I am doing when it hits and wait for it to pass, WHAT IS IT??

Ugh!!! Is this EVER going to end? If it isn't one thing its another!!

dshobbies-I also wanted to answer your question with regards to if the dr who did this DISASTER knew about what happened.

He is FULLY aware, actually when I went to the ER and they did all the tests (not sure exactly what they did, can't really remember, I know one was an MRI of my brain, there were a couple other tests as well) to rule everything thing else out before they confirmed it was a Post-Dural Puncture Headache ( I am so impressed I remember the name, hee hee hee) they contacted the dr who did the ESI to tell him I was in the ER and that he needed to come down to look at me, he told the ER dr that he was sick and not able to come down and that I should just be given an IV of saline and demerol and then to send me home and that I could come back in a couple days if not better. THANKFULLY, the ER dr disagreed and contacted another anestesiologist(*SP) and he told the ER dr to admit me and that he would come and see me in the morning...which he did and after 3 days of laying in a hospital bed flat on my back, high as a kite from the pain meds, with a headache that was bearable as long as I didn't move to ANY type of vertical position and sit up, I was FINALLY given a 2nd blood patch and was able to go home the next morning......

I have a follow-up appt with my family dr tomorrow, so I am hoping he MIGHT be able to help me out with the contractions I am having in my back-or whatever they are, if you were to look at my low back it is DESTROYED, BRUISED and there are 5 puncture marks, from the needles...YUCK!!!

I do want to THANK you all for taking the time to read my posts and help me out, you have ALL helped me get through it all when I thought I couldn't....

Mary