View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 11:44 PM

Default well, an update of sorts...

Just more confusion.
According to my pain doc, my pain was not what he expected during the discogram last week. Also the CT didn't show what we expected.

So my pain doc and my neurosurgeon have decided to go back to the facet joints and do another diagnositic test by numbing the nerves.
I told the pain doc that I had strong pain during the disco but I really don't show pain well, that i don't scream during a procedure, that I didn't do that with the last discogram which was obviously abnormal.

So it seems he did not listen to me, but he doesn't know how I tolerate pain so I can see where they want to make sure it is the discs.
But I am still not happy because I don't think the facet injections will work because my pain goes past my knees. (facet pain usually does not go past the knees).
I told him how I had plantar fascitis pain in both my feet and he said that could be from last time before the surgery and it could come back. But I developed the left foot pain recently, never had it before.

I can see why they have to inject the facets again because they don't want to do surgery on the discs if the facets are the problem.
However, I did tell him about the right leg pain that I still have and he didn't have an answer for why that is a new symptom that developed after the discogram. Other than facet joints can cause pain in the thighs and hips.

I was just in a lot of pain at the appt and they are not dismissing my pain but i don't think they see it. My blood pressure was 153/117 and I told the person that took it that it was because I was in pain.

I spoke to my PT yesterday and he thinks the pain is coming from the disc and wonders why they are going to inject the facets again, when it didn't work last time and agreed with me that my pain goes past my knees.
So that's it. I have got another procedure next week with the facets and then I will see what is up.
This is getting old fast.

I spoke to my PT and he thinks the pain is coming from the disc. He reminded me of the little shocks I get in my toes along with the sciatica.
So next Thursday, i wiil have my sixth procedure since january. Oh fun.

Runner

Last edited by runner; 06-10-2009 at 07:29 AM.