View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 04:59 AM

Cathy,

Unfortunately, I used a lot of my pain meds while still in the hospital. Plan on taking your own meds once you're off the pump. Their meds don't always translate.

If you can take something with you that you can cut in half, it will take you through some heavy duty and lighter pain, as needed. If not, take both with you. The woman who had surgery the same day I did ran out. I needed stronger and stronger meds and poor Julius ran all over Straubing looking for pharmacies on a Sunday.

Also, you're expected to bring any other required meds from home.

You also didn't ask but I didn't plan on wearing my own clothes while in the hospital, just their lovely gown. Wrong - after the first couple of days, everyone wears things like comfortable sweats, etc. I didn't have enough clothes. You'll probably also wear a brace. I wore mine under my clothes but wore a man's sleeveless tight cotton t-shirt underneath so it wasn't next to my skin. I'm pretty sure there's a thread about what to take with you and good ideas, such a a high toilet seat, a grabber or two and so on.

I wish you such good luck. Pain free days are ahead.

Michelle, Facet degeneration may or may not preclude you from ADRs. You need to discuss this with Dr. B, FM. Good luck, I hope it's not too bad.

Dale