View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:54 AM

Default Reply

I cant think of anything in particular. I was sure glad I brought some twix bars cause they really carried my hunger over real well , the hospital food is pretty plain and lean. Mmmm, if you are a reader, bring your books. I will say one thing that bothered me the most. Ya see, they will put you in intensive care for 24 hours after surgery, and your mouth will be very dry. I was always needing to sit up to reach for my water on the tray above me and I hated it cause I was afraid of messing up my surgery and I was sort of entangled in IV's and such. Looking back, I should have just kept the glass of water next to me so I wouldnt have to get up and reach for it every 20 minutes. They have no ice to suck on either, which would have been best. It may sound trivial, but it drove me nuts. I had my surgery done in bogen, I enjoyed it there even though there is nothing much to do there in the hospital and only saw a few patients so not much socializing to do either . I think the Straumbing hospital may be larger and bigger, maybe more patients to talk to? I enjoyed the view from my hospital room at bogen, there was snow then and I saw reindeer alot. The cool evening/morning air felt great. I have fond memories of my time there, even though it was pretty boring.

Sorry I couldnt really suggest what to bring. Oh, I can say that at bogen, they did provide towels, shampoo and soap. But Im sure most people prefer to bring their own from home. Overall, Id say bring your own snacks, cause like I said, the food is not good at all and you will get hungry at night.

Good luck!