View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM

Default Weird anxiety last night at bedtime...

Hi everyone,

Boy, I had the weirdest thing happen last night as I was trying to fall asleep. I just suddenly had this overwhelming anxiety sweep over me. My right arm was real restless and painful (maybe some tendinitis?, plus the nerve impingement thing), almost heavy and I just started moaning. Not my left arm, mind you. I do have restless leg syndrome, but had already taken the medication for it which usually works immediately, but not last night. It wasn't working. I've been coming down with a sore throat, but don't think that was related. I got up 3 times. Finally, I took a muscle relaxant and was able to drift off to sleep. I woke up this morning ok, but it was such a scary thing last night. My husband asked if I was ok, but I couldn't put my finger on anything. Just very strange. I am on a trial of being off my coumadin for a month, and then am going to have lab work performed to see if I have a genetic component that makes me have pulmonary embolisms. (I've had 2, for those of you who don't know me) I don't know if it had anything to do with that either. Just rather alarming. Any thoughts?

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.