Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Support - NSR Discuss Weird anxiety last night at bedtime... in the Main forums forums; Hi everyone, Boy, I had the weirdest thing happen last night as I was trying to fall asleep. I just ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM

Default Weird anxiety last night at bedtime...

Hi everyone,

Boy, I had the weirdest thing happen last night as I was trying to fall asleep. I just suddenly had this overwhelming anxiety sweep over me. My right arm was real restless and painful (maybe some tendinitis?, plus the nerve impingement thing), almost heavy and I just started moaning. Not my left arm, mind you. I do have restless leg syndrome, but had already taken the medication for it which usually works immediately, but not last night. It wasn't working. I've been coming down with a sore throat, but don't think that was related. I got up 3 times. Finally, I took a muscle relaxant and was able to drift off to sleep. I woke up this morning ok, but it was such a scary thing last night. My husband asked if I was ok, but I couldn't put my finger on anything. Just very strange. I am on a trial of being off my coumadin for a month, and then am going to have lab work performed to see if I have a genetic component that makes me have pulmonary embolisms. (I've had 2, for those of you who don't know me) I don't know if it had anything to do with that either. Just rather alarming. Any thoughts?

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:45 PM

Default could be

Anything tho sounds like anxiety.. I'm always for reporting oddities to my doctor particularly should I have a history of something significant.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:55 PM

Default anxiety nightime

Cindy. Sorry to hear about the bad night. I have started in the last few months to have anxiety at night...all the little creepy crawler mental worries, back, survival, money, all of it. I'm now working on a few different ways to not let it take over. It has been difficult. I think if there's ever a question of something medical possibly going on it's always better to err on the safe side, but I empathize with what you went through and hope it doesn't continue.

I don't think with all the stress in our lives about our health that having anxiety would be unusual. I hope it doesn't continue, best. Let me know if I can do anything to help or listen.