View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

Katie,

A bone scan is a test in which a radioactive "tracer" is injected into the bloodstream & then you more or less get a scan similar to an open C/T scan. The scan helps to evaluate bone loss like in osteoporosis.

Facet testing. The only time I have ever heard of anything like that is when a facet block is used to determine if back pain is being caused by the facet joints. This is something different than a bone scan.

I did a quick search on MTP joints & came up with metatarsophalangeal joint which if I am reading it correctly is the joint where your "big toe" meets the foot. (Sorry, I'm a paralegal & I do a lot of research....LOL)

Regarding your result of mild facet arthropathy, you may want to mention this to Dr. Bitan just to be on the safe side. I can't recall which lumbar level he is planning on doing ADR for you, but I know that if there are facet issues, it is a red flag when it comes to ADR. He may want to have a test performed to rule that out.

K
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09