View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 AM

Default Reply

Wow, so mark, you also had hip pain pre op? Yea, as you recall in my profile, and in my records, I also had bouts of hip pain which seemed to time with my flare ups , along with my other really weird below the waste symptoms,.... too embarrasing to go into details here. All that below the waste and hip pain garbage is all gone for me too since my 3 level cervical adr surgury. Oddly enough, it's weird how you and many patients report having voice box issues while some like me had not even the slightest noticeable issues despite a 6.5 hour sugery.

I also had a setback at 5 or 6 weeks post op. I had felt good enough to go clothes shopping all day and ran a bunch of errands and boy did i pay the price. Stayed in bed for 2 days after that. Only now 3 weeks later do I feel I got back to where I was before overdoing myself that Saturday.

It wasnt till 5 weeks post op that i could finally sit at my desk at work for a steady 5-6 hours, with the help of alleve and an ultracet of course.. Well, I'm now 9 weeks post op and still dealing with all kinds of aches and pains (both at the disc levels and other muscular parts of my back) but they arnt too bad really , and with alleve I can pretty much have more good days than bad, but certainly not anywhere near pain free yet. For me, the good news is that none of the current pain is the old preop pain. There's no hell on earth like nerve pain and I'll take this physical mechanical pain over deep nerve pain anyday!! Just thought I'd share my own experience since we had similar surgery only a month apart.

Last edited by steve55; 04-30-2009 at 07:48 AM.