View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 06:33 PM

Treat your medication like cash! Don't put them anywhere you wouldn't leave $500. Many, many people abuse prescription drugs and will steal them. This addiction affects people in all social and economic groups. I would absolutely not put my meds in my checked bag. I do not trust the TSA employees to not steal them and I don't want to tempt anyone with an addiction. I carried all of them in my carry on bag (which was like a small pharmacy). In the hotel, I locked them in the safe, along with my camera, wallet and jewelry. In my home, I hide them in random places around the home. I don't think any of my guests would steal them; but once again, I don't want to tempt anyone who struggles with this particular addiction. My doctor also will not replace lost or stolen pills, so it is not worth the chance of that happening. I would be very careful where you keep them and where you leave them. I only carry 4 or 5 in my purse, and not in a Rx bottle. My pharmacist said that since I had a valid script that it was not a problem. If I were ever questioned on it, they could call my dr and pharmacist and verify my script. I did carry all the valid bottles when traveling, just in case. Cathy's idea of carrying a note is a great idea too.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!